Garden Musings and The Power Of Juice


Last weekend we needed to catch up on some sleep, too many late nights took their toll & we were grateful to not be caring for Bebe - relishing the opportunity to lie in bed until the afternoon for 3 days on the trot... Such a treat!

We've enjoyed sharing our home with 2 lots of friends (something we had to put on hold while Bebe was here), so it's been really lovely. 
We've also had some exceptionally tough work days, but continue to be supported by our fresh juices. We just have one for lunch & love the natural lift it gives us, yesterday - we cleaned the big holiday home we look after non-stop for over 7 hours. Admittedly, we were knackered at the end, but we did the work of 4 people on our usual breakfast of super food porridge, then green juice followed by a banana for lunch. We'd taken extra food to eat too, as we knew it was going to be a hard day, but we didn't have time for anything else. After a good night's sleep, we have felt rejuvenated today & believe the juices are responsible.

We've been talking about trying a juice fast, just because we love the buzz it gives us - not only does it improve our energy levels, but our skin, nails & hair look & feel so good. Sime's beard seems to be gradually returning to it's original gingery colour & his hair has started to grow back quicker after shaving his head, with hair actually growing back on his bald pate... Which is hilarious, maybe soon he'll end up with a full head of thick curls!
  I'm also interested in seeing if it works well for thyroid health. After my last thyroid storm in 2012, I have remained stable & continue to do so - with tweaks here & there... I know I can't tolerate large amounts of cruciferous vegetables, especially non organic or raw, but I do use small amounts in juices & although my throat sometimes tightens for a while - I seem fine. 
For about 18 months, I treated myself with small doses of homoeopathic kelp & calcium carbonate, which has worked wonders - along with vegan Vitamin D drops. They have turned my life around. Can regular juicing help stabilise my thyroid once & for all? I believe it can.
My perimenopause symptoms are certainly improving too! :-)

Today's liquid lunch...
Purple sprouting, pak choi, celery, pineapple, apples, beansprouts, lemon, ginger & coriander.

Kay (& Sime) 
xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diet And Drugs

Our Neighbours

Nettles